CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 9, 2012

I'm Leavin' On a Jet Plane!

Well where do I even begin. So much as happened since my last post but I promise not to keep you waiting so long this time! I can't believe my last post was February 18th! Where has the time gone?! I'll tell ya where it has gone, student teaching!

Let me begin by briefly sharing my experience in sixth grade. I can basically sum it up into two words... absolutely amazing. I learned so much from those kiddos and my cooperating teacher. I am so blessed to have had such a wonderful placements. I really have so, so much to share but it is getting late and I wanted to quickly share the really exciting news. Those of you who have been following me since day one (bless your hearts) know I will be traveling to Germany to finish my student teaching. Well, believe it or not, I leave... TOMORROW!!!

Originally I was supposed to go to Berlin, Germany. However I will now be traveling to OstBevern, Germany which is about thirty miles from Munster, Germany. I am BEYOND excited. A few weeks back I received the name of the lady I would be living with. I immediately emailed her and of course looked her up on Facebook. I was successful! She is the sweetest lady and I am so very excited to stay in her home. She has been so welcoming since day one and I really look forward to meeting her and her family. She has two boys (18 and 16 years old). I have so many questions for them!

All I want to sing tonight is "All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go, .......I'm leaving on a jet plane." All I can picture is Armageddon. Love that movie. From a lost passport (that's another story) to the last minute packing the night before I leave, this process has been quite the experience. I apologize I'm leaving a lot of details out but I promise to get back soon, and with pictures!

I got the most amazing stuff from my sixth graders! We also did a lot of fun activities about Rocks and the Rock Cycle that I can't wait to share with ya'll :)

Please keep me in your prayers as I travel tomorrow. I am so thrilled and blessed for this opportunity! I can't wait to share all my adventures!!

Till' Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment