CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Versatile Blogger & my first FREEBIE!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday Funday! :) First, I want to thank the sweet, Meghan Mayhew at Inside The Classroom for awarding me "The Versatile Blogger". It is so exciting when my email pops up and I see people commenting on my blogs, even more so giving me an award!! Thank you so much Meghan! So sweet of you to think of me!!

So...here are the rules for accepting the award:

1. Thank the person that nominated you with a link back to them.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that they've received an award!

7 things about me!!

1. I have lived in Kentucky my whole life! I love this state and don't see myself ever living anywhere else!!

2. When I was in the 5th grade, I had the most amazing teacher that introduced me to the Holocaust by reading Number the Stars by: Lois Lowry. Ever since, I have loved learning the history of WWII and the Holocaust! This subject has always remained close to my heart and is one of my favorite things to learn about. (Which is why I have chosen Germany for my International Student Teaching placement!)

3. I am constantly making "To-Do" lists. I usually have about two to three different lists, in which majority of the time have repetitive tasks to complete on multiple lists! I can't help it! I'm that person that crosses off something when it is finished, and if the list is complete...I throw it away. There is just something about that feeling of crossing a task off, knowing it is finished!!

4. I recently started my New Year's revolution that is probably the same for most people! Yes, that dreadful word... Diet. I was hesitant to even mention this, as I am known for beginning them and then finding a way to "cheat" my way out! However, maybe if I mention it to the blogging world, I'll be more motivated to continue and reach my goal!!

5. Let's talk about Pearl. Oh! My angel! For of those of you who do not know Pearl (shame on you) she is my beloved White 2000 Toyota Camry. Not only does she purr at me every time I get in the car, she has now begun making dragon-like noises as I go over a bump or a simple crack in the road. Not to mention she cries every time it rains (leaks from the windshield). Bless her heart. Pearl is on her death bed, and I will have a nice ceremony for her when we pull the plug. With Graduation in May, my fantastic parents are finally replacing Pearl with a brand spankin' new .... SOMETHING! Can't wait!

6. I am a complete bargain shopper. If it's not on sale, I probably won't buy it. I'm in the process of teaching my best friend, Brittany, this vocab. word... "Bargain". Maybe I should make her write the definition, draw a picture, and use the word in a sentence like my kiddos do? :)

7. One of my most favorite things in the whole wide world (I actually have a lot!) is DVR. Can anyone relate? I do not like commercials! They drive me insane, unless of course they are the funny ones like the pig swooping down the zip-line screaming "WHHHEEEEEEEEEEE!" God bless DVR so I can watch my shows without interruption.

And the blogs I nominate are.....

Inside the Classroom
Loving and Learning in Pre-K
Teacher in the City
Ms. Smit
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade
Mrs. Bailey's Kindergarten
Waiting on the Butterflies
Crayons and Curls
Wheet Chic
Ms. Preppy
A Teacher's Treasure

I didn't quite get 15!! Forgive me :)

Last but not least... since I have been working on Contextual Factors for my TWS, I need to know my students interests. Therefore, I decided to make an inventory. Although this may not be very helpful right now to many teachers (as this is a beginning of the year activity), feel free to leave your email if you would like me to send my very first Freebie to you anyway. To all of my student teaching friends, I will be more than happy to send it to you so you can use it in your classroom!!! Here's what the worksheet looks like... ENJOY!





Till Next Time :)

2 comments:

  1. So, now that I am nominated do I accept it and place it on my blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ma'am !! You got it!! I nominated you awhile ago too for a different one!! :) Check it out!!

    ReplyDelete